573147 750 mL (XD) $19.95
Taste profile: Gorgeously rich – this Chard feels like fresh sunshine with a bright and crisp finish. It sports complex baked apple, caramel and toasty oak flavours. Try this with dishes that need a bit of a zing element – seared halibut or pasta primavera.
A VINTAGES Essential*
*VINTAGES Essentials Collection is always available in VINTAGES at select LCBO locations. Visit vintages.com.
SEARED HALIBUT WITH SUMMER SQUASH AND CORN CIOPPINO
By: Lucy Waverman
Use yellow and green zucchini, patty pans or other summer squash. The halibut sits on top of a rich brothy bed of vegetables.
2 tbsp (25 mL) extra virgin olive oil
8 shallots or other small onions, cut in half
2 cups (500 mL) diced summer squash
1 cup (250 mL) shucked corn
1very ripe tomato, diced
12 fresh clams
12 fresh mussels
2/3 cup (150 mL) fish stock
¼ cup (50 mL) Chardonnay
¼ cup (50 mL) chopped cilantro
Four 6 oz (175 g) portions of halibut
Extra-virgin olive oil for garnish
1. Pour the olive oil in a large pot, over medium heat. Add the onions and slowly cook for 2 minutes - avoid any colouring.
2. Add the diced squash, corn and tomato and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring often.
3. Add the clams, mussels, fish stock and Chardonnay. Place a lid overtop the pot and cook until the shellfish open (about 5 minutes).
4. Add the chopped cilantro and keep warm while cooking the halibut.
5. Sear the halibut in a nonstick or well-seasoned pan until golden and just cooked, about 3 minutes per side.
6. Divide the shellfish soup between 4 bowls.
7. Place the halibut on top and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt.
Prices subject to change without notice. Prices include container deposit fees where applicable. All products may not be available in all stores. Please see store personnel for details.